Friday, March 13, 2009

And 2 weeks later, still no word on Blithe

O.K. for those of you who have been waiting patiently (myself included), here is what I have found out so far on the production that I auditioned for over 2 weeks ago. The director was supposed to have decided by last thursday, as to who she wanted to cast. Thursday came and went, and not a single phone call from Faye (the director). So, after I get done with work friday afternoon, I called faye and asked her what was going on. She told me she was going to audition more females for the available female roles, and she would have a decision by monday. She also apologized to me for not calling me on thursday evening.

Jump to monday. Mike and I had gone to livingston for our usual monday luncheon date with the gang. Rick was in Billings with his dad, who had a Dr. appointment and Brian overslept when I called to see where he was, and was wasn't going to make it.
Peggy, one of the women who had auditioned the night I did, was at the restaurant we went to for lunch and she said she hadn't heard anything from faye either. Half way thru our lunch, peggy who was sitting at a seperate table close to ours, got a phone call from her husband that faye had called her house and left peggy a message that she was cast as mrs. bradshaw. Then after lunch, I texted my friend renee who also auditioned the same night I did, to see if she was called. faye called renee to tell her she got the part that she read for. I worked monday night, cell phone on my belt loop on the off chance that faye was gonna call. No such luck. Now its tuesday, and STILL no call from faye, so I assume that she cast other males for the 2 male roles.

I called faye that afternoon while at work, to see what was going on. She said she was still auditioning a few more females that afternoon at 5:00 and she will call me either way, when she decides. Then she says that she still may need me, depending on what happens at the auditions that afternoon. It is now friday and I haven't heard anything from faye. No phone call, voice mail.

I am a little (o.k. A LOT) ticked off at faye right now. First off, she decides to call the 3 women that she DOES wanna use in the production, but DOESN'T even have the courtesy to call me either way, like she said she would. I find it very rude and unprofessional of her, as a director and a human being to pull something like this. I have NEVER in my entire stage career been left in the dark about one of two male parts! The Blue slipper theatre is known for this process of course. At least when I have auditioned for the firehouse 5 theatre, I know at the end of the week If I was cast either by the cast list being posted on their website, or the cast list being posted on the front door of the firehouse 5.

If Faye calls (ever), and offers me a one of the two male parts, I will probably take one. But, I am and will let her know exactly how I feel about her process towards casting and calling (maybe after the run of the production). That's where it stands.

Moving on. Haven't had a chance to watch this weeks American Idol yet. I have read on line who was kicked to the curb (ouch)
only instead of one person, 2 people were kicked to that curb outside the studio (ouch-ouch). On wednesday afternoon, Becky and I went and saw-watchmen. I liked it a lot. The movie itself is over 2 hours, but you really don't notice the time.

I FINALLY watched all 6 episodes of Ru Paul's drag race. I watched all 6 episodes on logo. OMG! I loved it. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. Wigs flying, not proper tucking, make-up, heels, outfits, and attitude. The finale is next week already (sadness). I liked the show so much, I downloaded ru's new single cover girl, which I will perform at the drag revolution in 2 weeks here in Bozeman.

I downloaded the new Kelly Clarkson c.d. this week. The old kelly is back after her not so successful album "my december".
Some of the songs on the new album need to grow on me, while others are gonna be on repeat quite a bit. Go kelly!

That's all I have for this week ending march 13th (jason, is that u)? I will be back on thursday next week, due to my being gone to Billings next friday. Until then......

1 comment:

buckycatt said...

I too saw Watchmen and did not enjoy it. I was ready to leave an hour before it was over! All the characters were reprehensible, especially the 1 I wanted to like the most The Comedian. His attitude & actions toward women were shocking and reprehensible. The only saving graces were the opening credit coolness, the music and the predominance of male nudity vs female! Women see it at your own risk!