Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oscar has left the building! (And no one ever noticed)

Well,  another year of the oscars has come and gone.  I wasn't able to watch the show live on sunday night,  due to me having to work and serve pancakes (maple syrup,  be right back),  but I have the show recorded which in my opinion is better,  then I can just watch who won what award and then fast forward I will go!  I was able to go online yesterday to see what everyone was wearing (some good,  others....not so much)!  Let's start with the WORST dressed,  shall we (and we will)!  First off,  Daniel Day Lewis looked very handsome in his black tux.  Until you pan down to his BROWN dress shoes!  Looks like Daniel still had some oil from the set of his movie in his eyes!  His wife was even worse.  She had 2 red bows on each shoulder,  then some lace in the middle,  and then the dress was just a mess after that point.  it looked like Cinderella's dress makers (the forest creatures and the blue birds) were all drunk when they spit this dress out!  Then poor Jennifer Hudson.  You'd think after last year's dress (who could forget),  that she'd learn her lesson this year-WRONG!   She looked like she raided both Wilma Flintstone and Pebbles closets!  Cameron Diaz looked beautiful,  until you look at the back of her pretty in pink dress,  and see not so pretty wrinkles!  Ever heard of an IRON!  ( Steam helps also)!  Then the best supporting actress winner from Michael Clayton,  and her gown (more like a bad comforter you don't want to use to sleep with).  Hideous!  It's like she got into a fight with an animal,  and in the struggle,  she lost a sleeve!  Ellen Page had the most boring dress of the evening!  At least the previous people mentioned TRIED to wear something that would propel them onto a list of some kind.  Ellen should've been on a hit list (slap in her face),  for what she wore.  It's like she raided her grandmother's closet,  and picked the one dress that wasn't form fitting at all.  Hell,  I'd rather had seen her in a prom dress with those overly puffy sleeves at the top.  I will watch the oscar show tonight,  and continue my rampage tomorrow...

Then I was reading on line this morning,  that Whoopie Goldberg was upset,  because she wasn't mentioned in a montage of previous oscar hosts on sunday evening.  And of course,  the women of the view,  were more than happy to cheer her up (later they all plan on going to a male strip show,  and drink lot's of tequila).  I didn't know that Whoopie had hosted the oscars 4 times,  and that she was the first woman to ever host the show.  I'd be upset too!  You go Whoopster!  The big winner of the evening award wise,  was No Country For Old Men.  I liked the movie.  Not sure I'f I would've chosen it for best picture,  but then again I'm not on the oscar board (I applied,  but the annual fees are way too expensive for this one right here).  Anyway,  I will watch my recording of the show tonight,  and be back tomorrow with a wrap up.  This oscar thing can't go on forever (although it feels like it could)!  Until tomorrow,  have a great day! 

1 comment:

buckycatt said...

I'm still blinded from the large white boobs on Jennifer Hudson's dress. . . Oh wait those were her boobs! My bad.