Friday, February 20, 2009

Goodbye saint Valentine, Hello blarney stones

Another holiday (and an overly hyped one) has come and gone. I, of course had to work on valentines day over an 8 hour shift. When I finally DID leave work, I had called Old Chicago and ordered a single piece of turtle cheesecake for mike and I to share as our dessert after dinner. When I got to OC to pick up my cheesecake, I gave the host (who by the way looked way to dumb to work there) my name which I had given when I called in my order. He looks up at me and says "is it christian?" No moron, but close! Then about 3 other employees varying in range from hosts/hostesses and a server ALL walked up to see if Captain oblivious needed assistance ( too late). I know that some people are missing a few brain cells, but come on! Go clean a table or color in your coloring books and scoot!

When i finally got home, Mike had a dozen roses waiting for me (aaww). he made me an awesome dinner of panko crusted pork chops, green beans, and wild rice. I gave him his gifts of a Gift card to the quilting store downtown, and his 16 piece box of chocolate from la chocolate'. We settled in for the evening and watched some t.v. I went to bed, and Mike fell asleep on the sofa
(now that's what I call romance)!

Sunday was LoLa's 1 year birthday (our springer spaniel). I stopped at the store and bought some pound cake, ice cream, and some strawberries for a shortcake kinda dessert (12.99 for a 8 inch-2 layer cake in the bakery! I think not)! We invited our friends Norm and My best friend Tony, who was visiting from South dakota over for dinner. The new dog toys that Mike and I, and that Norm bought Miss LoLa lasted about 2 hours, then they were trashed. At least LoLa had a good birthday. I think.....

Monday was onezie-funzie day. After working that evening, I got off work and headed straight home to change into my union suit for the party. Tony ended up coming with and he wasn't wearing anything red except his underwear ( TMI). We headed out and on the way to livingston, where the 1Z party was Tony had to stop for gas ( next time try beano)! To the holiday gas station we went. As he was filling up, I ran in ( o.k. more like briskly walked) in and grabbed myself a water and a bag of caramel bugles, which Tony has had before, and of course which I had to try. I kept getting texts from everyone who were waiting on both of us to get to the bar.....

Brian, texted me "did u get my last text" several times. I finally texted back "YES!" Then he asked me If I was upset or angry? I said no, why would he ask me that? Turns out when your texting or chatting on-line with someone when you use capitol letters, your shouting at them. I, of course being up on my text/IM knowledge didn't know that. YOU DO LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!!

Tony and I finally get to the office (the name of the bar), and everyone is giving both of us crap (not crap literally, verbally). They were saying "did your grandma drive you both over the hill". Tony, at one point said it took so long for both of us to get there, because I was going down on him. N-O! Everyone was so anxious for us to get there, because they were waiting to do southern comfort butt cream shots (don't ask). We did our shots, went to the mint had another round there, went to the murray, where we had a 3rd round of butt cream (I like this butt cream, I am not as sore) and I had 2 cosmos ( I feel so carrie bradshaw). Then onto the stockman for final call. After we closed down the stockman, we drove out to the truck stop for some breakfast.

Jessica ( a.k.a. Cherrie) was so bombed, she fell asleep waiting for her food. Of course once it arrived at the table she was wide awake. I had never seen Jessica that trashed before. I kinda liked that side of her. I like her when she's sober, but when she's drunk she let's herself be wild and free (like a baby deer in the forest). All in all, it was an awesome 1Z.

I had to work on tuesday evening, which was so pleasant when your hung over. I drank a red bull and a regular coffee during my shift. I was there until almost 11:00 p.m.! Walt, our new GM decides to have "Ben" the new cook on by himself with me that night. Ben has NEVER cooked before by myself. Then he had to do all his closing duties which he waited to do until 10:00 p.m. instead of doing them as he went on thru the night. I was done myself by 10:15 ( and hung over even) and could've left.
But, when your a shift manager and have to set the alarm for the entire building, well you get the idea. Then 5 minutes before ben got done, his girlfriend called and asked If he was still there. Hmmm. What do U think? yes he is, and no he CAN'T talk!

Wednesday afternoon, becky and I went to see the new friday the 13th. It was very good. Of course, they show jason's body being rolled into lake crystal by the two remaining survivors of jason's terror, and then both survivor's are sitting on the end of the dock. Jason jumps through the walk way and grabs the girl (wow! I DID see that coming). So, a sequel is in order (shock).

On a side note for those being chased by a mad man. When you go to hide in a barn or a shed, and your trying to find a hiding place, don't go for the first object you see, that you think will hide your entire existence, but actually won't. In the new 13th, the girl survivor and her brother decide to hide in a barn. The brother says "hide" and you hide in back of a barrel that's as big as a large soda cup from the concessions counter. Ooh no, jason WON'T see you in back of that (wink). Then when your brother has a chain wrapped around his neck and that chain is pulling him towards a wood chipper blade, don't stand there with a look of confusion on your face like "should I help him from jason?" YES! And your not even a dumb blond!

And speaking of not so dumb blonds. On american idol this week, the top 3 from group 1 advanced into the top 12. Alexis grace (love ya), oil rigger Michael Sarver ( want you), and finally Danny Gokey (I wanna have your baby, If I could). Miss Tatiana DIDN'T make the top 3. I am shocked! Not really. I loved the results show on wednesday night, when it came down to tatiana and danny. Ryan asked her if she thought she made the top 3. She answered it was up to god. Well, god said no!

Maybe If your annoying laughter wasn't so apparent, and the fact that your full of yourself as the best thing to happen to Idol since Sanjaya (need I say more). Then when danny was asked to sing "hero", which he sang the previous night, tatiana was crying and whimpering in back of the other 9 who hadn't made it, who were I am sure just as upset they didn't make it, but had the respect and courtesy to watch danny sing his song. Simon actually had a good point. Tatiana you are a DRAMA QUEEN! So you didn't make the top 12. dust yourself off, pick yourself up, and go back to your job at dairy queen ( can I have a blizzard)?

I am auditioning for the foreigner on monday evening at the ellen theatre in Bozeman. I will let you know how it goes. And of course the Oscar's this sunday evening! I'll have a wrap up on those next friday also. Until next week, Make it a good one!

1 comment:

buckycatt said...

What a romantic Valentine's Day! Almost gives a curmudgeon hope