Friday, March 7, 2008

Runway is over and Christian is FIERCE!

Yet another season of project runway is over (sadness).  Christian won the season with a very unique line at fashion week.  Victoria Beckham (where was david?) was the finale guest judge.  She loved christian and his collection so much (I thought she was gonna have a big old org. the way she was going on about him and his line.  save some for david.  Actually,  I"LL save some for him!  Step off vickie)!  I liked Romi's line the best.  Jillian,  the other finalist had some good pieces.  One piece she had was a sweater shaped like a bathing suit (that's gonna itch after a swim),  and the sleeves were crocheted (I thought we learned our lesson after the oscars a few weeks ago).  Congratulations Christian!  You are fierce! *snap!*  They are accepting applications for season 5 of runway already.  I would audition,  but I can't draw,  I can't sew,  and I can't coordinate an outfit (Im perfect for the next season).  My exciting news (and I mean exciting) is I had gone on to kathy's website (you know,  to read the same articles that haven't been updated in months.  I love ya kathy,  but have someone update your website.  A pool boy,  a gardener,  hmm,  maybe jessica your assistant.  Anyway,  I went on yesterday because it was kathy thursday,  and low and behold,  I see that kathy has a new contest (hooray)!  She is giving away tickets to another show in connecticut on may 2.  She even wants people to up load audition videos on u tube.  Which I plan on doing!  I hope I win.  I will let you know when I have my video on  u tube.  It will be done next week.  Wish me luck!
Yesterday I read on line,  that Patrick Swayze had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  I like patrick (Vita Bo M),  and I hope he will pull through.  I also read on line that MTV is banning the new Gnarles Barkley video,  because it has some pulsing lights,  that can trigger a seizure in people who are epileptic.  I watched some of the video on MTV.com,  and I got a headache after only watching 20 seconds.  Justin Timberlake is in the video (more like trying to act.  Don't quit your day job.  Give up on the acting bug,  PLEASE)!  he's a Dic Clark type of host introducing Gnarles. Boring!  I stopped watching after that.  I did watch the new Mariah Carey video for her new single "touch my body".  (So many people have,  well,  except me).  Its actually pretty funny.  It shows this computer geek showing up to her home,  to fix her hard drive,  I mean computer.  She tells the kid,  that she has to be somewhere and so she leaves him to fix her computer.  Next thing you know,  he's daydreaming about him and her,  walking on the beach with a unicorn (first it was butterflies,  now unicorns.  Leave these poor animals alone Mariah.  They don't like you)!  It shows mariah feeding him food from the fridge,  the 2 of them chasing each other on her lawn,  mariah wearing a school girl outfit and high heels (I don't know ANY women who can run in heels on grass!  And the school girl outfit?  Can we say over it)!  O.K. maybe the video wasn't THAT great.  But the title for her new c.d. is E=MC2.  Einstein is rolling over in his grave even as we speak!  sounds like MIMI needs a new title.  How about MC=crap.  Much better!  That's all I have for this edition.  I'll be back on monday with a weekend wrap up.  Everyone get out there,  and enjoy the weather (break out those shorts)!

2 comments:

buckycatt said...

I CANNOT wait to see the video! Who is directing the Coen Bros or Spielberg? Any luck w/ her booking agency? Do you really think anyone calls Posh "Vickie"? heheh keep on crackin' us up ya'll!

Bri said...

Yeah, Rami's line was good... but the colors he chose were atrocious. I think that really hurt him.
Chris March and Sweet P also got to show at Bryant park- they were included as decoys since the TV show hadn't run yet.
Chris' show is here http://youtube.com/watch?v=nj5Im-TjiGk

I liked some of it... call me crazy, but I actually liked the use of human hair- it moved interestingly, and was sort of goth meets 30's and 40's design. What else would you expect from a wig and costume designer?

And Sweet P's show is here http://youtube.com/watch?v=dwdAbcCqW0w

Pretty unremarkable, I thought. It seemed sloppy, and unfinished, just like everything she put out during the show. I was very surprised she made it as far as she did!