Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What a slow entertainment week! Someone hand me the remote

Yet another week has come and gone.  On saturday evening,  I went to see semi pro with Will Ferrell.  I was rather disappointed.  I thought it would've been funnier than it was,  but you can only do so many jokes with pancakes (no pun intended).  The movie had some funny moments,  but to me,  it just wasn't as good as blades of glory.  perhaps will should consider doing movies that don't involve anymore sports themes (so much for the water polo script)!  There just seems to be a lack of interesting entertainment stories.  Britney is in hiding,  or resting who knows.  Even the new music coming out,  seems to be lack luster.  I did read on line this morning,  that drew barrymore is donating 1 million of her own money to some charity.  Whoopie!  Like celebrity's never donate money to charity (come to think of it,  I don't think they do).  I love drew,  don't get me wrong,  but now all of a sudden she has 1 million dollars lying around to donate to a charity (did anyone see her last movie?  Exactly my point)!  She doesn't have that kind of money lying around to just throw at charity.  She should be her own charity!  Then I went on to read that Scarlett Johannsen is auctioning off (for charity) a chance to go with her to her next movie premier (which means once your inside,  she'll ditch you faster  than a large barrel of popcorn,  and you'll end up sitting in the far back of the theater by yourself,  next to Matt Leblanc from friends.  How you doin'?).  So far,  the highest bidder has bid over $1000.00.  Ooh yeah,  I almost forgot,  not only will you get to go to the movie premier with scarlett,  be ditched once inside,  but you'll also get to take home a personal hand written note from scarlett herself ("please get away from me,  your driving me crazy").  And all for a small donation of,  so far $1000.00.  Save your money,  and rent the movie for $1.00 at a red box like everyone else.  PA-LEEZ!  Now,  the one celebrity charity I would bid on is from Kristen Davis,  from Sex and The City.  Kristen is auctioning off a chance to go to the premier for 2 people (which means you can bring someone,  and someone you like will sit next to you),  access to the premier party afterwards (Sarah Jessica here I come),  and a pair of shoes.  I'm not sure whether the shoes you get are shoes that Kristen has worn that night (gross),  or whether the shoes are from her closet at home ("I never wear these crocs.  I shall donate these").  I would love to win that prize.  I'll start my opening bid at $50.00 (go big spender)!

Also on line this morning,  I read that Robert Irvine,  the chef on the food network who does the hit show Dinner Impossible,  has been fired from the network,  for falsifying his resume' and his credentials.  Apparently he had said he was a top chef to the royal family in england (lie),  and also to a few previous u.s. presidents (lie also).   I read his actual resume',  and I have to say,  I would've lied also.  he was a head cook,  at Denny's for awhile,  then moved on to Dunkin Donuts,  and then finally,  he was a head chef at Chuck E Cheese pizza.  Hmm.....
do you blame the guy for lying about where he worked before?  I still think he's hott,  and he can be my chef any day (wearing nothing but an apron!  Celery Robert?).  if anyone needs to be fired from the food network,  its that guy named GUY,  who does diners,  drive-ins,  and dives.  He is so annoying to me.  He just eats,  and eats,  and eats.  I know it's called the food network,  but come on guy,  save some actual food,  for some of the customers!
His laugh is annoying,  his "bleached" blond spiked hair looks ridiculous,  and he is a geek!  O.K. you caught me,  I have a crush on him too (shock!  None of us saw that coming.  O.K. we did).  That's all I have for today.  I'll be back on Kathy thursday.  And hopefully with some good news about Kathy coming to montana (good luck with that 1).  Until KG thursday,  peace out! 

1 comment:

buckycatt said...

You are just upset that Kathy isn't auctioning off some time w/ herself. You better start saving your $ though cause I'm sure she'll eventually jump on that bandwagon.