Wednesday, January 2, 2008

january 2, 2008

O.k. here goes.  I never said that this space was going to be an easy one to fill.  But I think with what I witness on a day to day basis,  it shouldn't  be THAT hard!  Certain people,  and these are people who I don't know from adam,  just drive me nuts!  Take for example today.  Mike(my partner for those of you who don't know,  but should.  Come on people,  its been almost 3 years!)
Anyway,  Mike and I went to lunch and we were just about finished with our meal,  when this women and her daughter walked in and were sat at there table.  The mom knew the table close to mike and my table,  so she walked up to say hello to her friends.  This next part is what drove me nuts.  She walks up to her friends table,  and carries on her conversation loud enough that mike and I hear her every word and breath she took.  I wouldn't be surprised if they heard her up in space! She made a "what she thought was a funny comment to her friend joke,  but in reality,  wasn't funny moment".  Her friend told her that she looked good and was dressed very nice,  and so she responds and loudly I want to add yet again "Thanks,  I get my style from you!"  As I sat there listening to the comment that had been just made,  I thought to myself,  ( inside voice)  (well,  if your both basing your fashion sense on each other,  it shows.  You both look hideous!) Do you think that was a mean thought to think of,  even if it was my inside voice?  O.K. I did tell Mike the comment,  and he's the type of person who wants to laugh,  and you can tell he's starting to because his lip curls around his mouth.  he tries not to laugh,  and then doesn't say anything.  Then I have to say to him "you know it was a funny comment that I just made,  go ahead-LAUGH!!  Getting sidetracked again!  The point Im trying to make on this blog is,  sometimes other people don't wanna hear your conversation with other people you know.  There is such a thing as talking quieter!  Its like she was at a rock concert,  and we couldn't hear the band singing.  *shhhh!  I don't need to hear your dumb comments or your "what you think is funny" jokes.  Please talk lower!  the bears are in hibernation,  and they're trying to sleep!  

2 comments:

buckycatt said...

I think my cats heard her. . . but where was lunch?

buckycatt

Christopher DeJohn said...

at bennigan's