Thursday, January 17, 2008

Only 1 more day, and SWEENEY shall be here!!!

As some of you who read this blog (all 3.  Thanks again.  I would love to send you a gift just for reading this blog on a regular basis,  but I only have my words which should be gift enough!) sweeney todd will be here tomorrow.  Although I would love to go on opening night (I even bought white hair color to give myself that skunk look that johnny has.  Guess I'll save it for halloween and go as the barber!)  I am waiting to go with my friend becky (besides she WOULD become the demon barber of fleet street,  had I not waited for her to see the movie.  Put the shaving blade down slowly!) I will wait until next week when we can go together and see johnny slice up his victims,  while singing about it (sorta like j-lo's last album and movie!)

Now that Desperate Housewives will not be back until 2010,  I noticed on the t.v. schedule line up,  that ugly betty is pumping out new episodes this week and next.  At least we'll have betty for awhile,  until they air the last episode written before the strike,  then betty will be back until 2011.  I read they may cancel the grammy awards show because of the strike (finally,  the 1 show they NEED to cancel!  Come on,  who really wants to sit there for 3 hours and watch performances by the nominees,  and then be teased with a "coming up,  album of the year" 15 times during the show,  then finding out who won 30 minutes after the grammy's were supposed to be over!  Just tell us who won the stinking statue,  and let's move on!)  

Last night while watching t.v .(or lack of)  I saw this stupid commercial for walmart (like all the other commercials they've had were brilliant!)  Like the commercial they played over and over this past holiday season with the kid leaving a "hint" poster of the dvd's he (or she) wanted all over the house,  so mom and dad would see them but not right away.  Mom and dad would be getting out of the car,  and there would be a gigantic "hint" poster of the movie they wanted on the garage door,  or on the shower wall,  even on the ceiling of mom and dad's bedroom!  I don't know about you,  but I was never allowed to go into my parent's bedroom,  let alone wanting to.  It's kinda creepy to think these kids went THAT far to plaster a movie poster on the ceiling of their parents bedroom!  Hmmm....they make these things called paper and pen!  Anyway now walmart has yet another classic (not) commercial for the "big game" day.  It shows these housewives in their favorite football team attire,  preparing snacks for the game,  and then showing the woman running through a line up to her livingroom,  high fiving her guests to tell them her snacks(which she DIDN'T even slave over all day to make.  Yeah,  its really hard to open a box of wheat thins and dump into a bowl!) are ready for the "big game".  Gimme a break!  Get a life (myself included!)  No one cares where they buy their game food,  as long as they have it when their team is winning,  so they can celebrate with a chip and dip(literally!)

Finally,  I read this morning on line,  that George Michael has signed a $7 million dollar book deal with harper book publishing,  to write his autobiography (you ACTUALLY have to write it george,  and not while at a public restroom either!)  This book deal that georgie got,  is the largest pay out for any book to be written in history.  Harper doesn't need to pay george 7 million big ones  (maybe 7,000,000.  No wait,  7,000 that's better.  O.K. 700.00 more like it.  $7.00 in the clearance bin at border's, now that's priceless!)  Do we really need to purchase a book about george and his troubled life as a closeted gay man who meets stranger's in a public restroom,  and who also does drugs here and there?  2009 is going to be  good year!  

Today is also my 2 week anniversary of my blogspot!  And I plan on sending Kathy Griffin my address every thursday,  until I receive at least a comment from her on here!  Wish me luck!  (I know Im going to need it,  especially when I have to post bail,  and make my 1 phone call.  The person I choose to call,  better answer the call,  and not have me go to voice mail or press 5 to send a fax (get rid of that option on your voice mail people!)  Until next time..................................

3 comments:

Bri said...

oooohh... looking forward to seeing Sweeney Todd so much!

Bri said...

Vacation Idea for you-

Pink Flight Party with host Kathy Griffin on Air New Zealand!

http://www.centredaily.com/living/travel/story/336876.html

And it's being filmed for My Life On The D-List!

buckycatt said...

I noticed you needed a touchup on the highlights but white would be a bit much.