Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Still freezing (both here in montana and in hollywood!)

O.K. I have my first retraction (and hopefully my last)!  Yesterday I mentioned that joel madden and nicole richie named their daughter winter.  Turns out that's her middle name.  Her first name is Harlow winter.  Whatever!  Maybe nicole should read a baby name book (or have someone read it to her,  and have common names read aloud.  Not names like paprika or black pepper) next time (Yikes!) she has her next child.  Thanks to my faithful reader buckycatt for the correction!  Now onto my audition last evening at the equinox theatre.  When I got there,  my friend debbie was already there,  as well as 2 other men.  I filled out my audition form,  picked up the copy of the script to read from (nicely marked I may ad!) sat and began to prepare.  About 15 minutes later,  who walks in to audition,  but miss Alexis (lap dance anyone)?  She walks in and says "How long do you think it will take?  I brought my dog,  and she's in my car but I left the car running so she'll stay warm."  WHAT!  O.K. its like -15 below,  and she brings her dog to an audition in the freezing cold!  Bad owner-Bad owner!  I told her that the director is taking people one by one,  according to where their name is on the sign in sheet (I was 3rd).  At this point about 6 of us were waiting to audition when Alexis stands up and says in her out loud voice " its too quiet out here (lobby of theatre),  how come no one is talking with each other?"  Hmmm.....Im going to go out on a limb here and say BECAUSE WERE ALL TRYING TO PREPARE FOR THE AUDITION!  Then she proceeds to sit in front of me on the floor to visit with me.  She then says  "I think I'll come back in 30 minutes.  I want to run to the store while Im waiting,  and go by myself some cake,  then I'll eat it while I wait."
Honey,  don't you know the first rule of auditioning?  You stop at the store AFTER your audition,  and buy junk food to ease the pain of how awful you read!  (Or to celebrate how great you did)!  I think I read really well.  Im proud of how I did,  and I'll find out on friday either way
(as well as all of you!  It could be good or bad.  Let's find out together shall we!)  

Now onto the Oscar Nominations.  I read most of them this morning on line.  It looks like the frontrunners are no country for old men  (8 total)  atonement,  although keira knightly was snubbed for best actress,  and so was the director (poor keira),  george clooney for nominated for his lawyer movie (drawing a blank at the moment).  I was surprised (and I mean surprised) when I read that Viggio was nominated for eastern promises ( that steam room scene with him naked and you seeing his junk and all.  Now that's the clip they should show during the awards show)!  And yes,  Johnny was nominated for sweeney.  Although tim burton wasn't for direction.  I will run down the entire nominee list tomorrow (and probably have to correct yet again more retractions due to my mistakes in what I read about the nominees!  OOPS)!  I need to go make sure my car starts,  I will see all tomorrow (or thursday).  Stay warm!

2 comments:

Bri said...

Alexis sounds very ~*talented*~
Sadly, I haven't seen any of this years nominated movies. Go Me!
If I watch the Oscars this year, it will purely be to see what everyone's wearing.

buckycatt said...

Where can the fans strike at if there are no Oscars? There's gotta be a way for the ticket buying public to strike back.